Thursday, June 3, 2010

Open for Business

N Henning Photography is now licensed to do business in the State of Washington, so I thought it a good idea to go public and start putting my thoughts on the art and technology of photography on the web.

I'll post my best (and maybe a few of my worst) images on this blog. I'll tell what I learned from each shoot, what worked and what didn't. Your comments and feedback will be very much appreciated.

From time to time, I'll post reviews of equipment. I've become an Amazon.com most valued customer in the last few months so I have plenty of new hardware to review like some really cool lenses including a Tokina f2.8 11-16mm wide angle zoom that will see first light this afternoon.

So here we go....

A few images from a recent in-studio baby portrait session:






Lighting makes all the difference. What I tried: An 8-ft-tall diffusion panel in front of two studio strobe flashes really made her eyes pop while providing extremely soft light. What I'll improve on: better backdrops and settings for photographing infants.

No comments: